(Dynamic Driver Loader for ELF Systems)
- ELF UNIXes, Works on few systems, such SUN Solaris and ELF systems (Linux, FreeBSD...)
||Name of shared A_DBC library
- When loader load some database driver, this driver will search for its
paraemeters. If you connect for example to mSQL, you'll need to have setuped
ALL requested parameters (DATABASEHOST, DATABASE for mSQL).
- You may write this to different text files, one for every database, and
this will be alternative of DSN in ODBC.
Dynamic w/s Static:
Posittive side of dynamic libs:
- System share libraries, instead static linking. The final executable is
- System share code. The final executable needs less memory.
- The program can connect to different databases, instead to only one. (For
exmple on commercial web hosting company can use one and same executable for
mSQL, MySQL and PostgreSQL, instead three static linked programs)
Negative sides of dynamic libs:
- Slower execution (needs dynamic linking)
- Some drivers cannot be compiled as Dynamic Module (such as Informix)
- The program is insecure. Libraryes must be in trusted location.